A legal case is to be heard against 21 Italian aviators of the Aviazione Legionara who bombed Barcelona 1937-39. In the case that none are still alive, the case will be made against the Italian government. The case is being brought by Asociación Altra Italia on behalf of two victims. As they occurred before the WW” they are not covered by the Armistice between Italy and the Allies. El Público
- El Pais has an article on the bombing of Barcelona marking the anniversary of attack by Italian aviation on the city 16 March 1938 which left hundreds dead. here
- There is also this good website in Spanish, Catalan and interestingly Italian. The Catalan version is so far more complete. If you go into the Agenda section there are a series of interesting events.
How to visit the Barcelona’s bomb shelter
- You can only go on a guided visit. It is strongly advisable to book first.
- Phone: BCN history museum (932562122)
- Visit are on Saturday and Sunday mornings in both Spanish and Catalan depending on the time
- Address of shelter: C/ Nou de la Rambla, 169 (metro Nou de la Rambla)