Barcelona walking tours
Guided tours in Barcelona with a unique emphasis on the social, cultural and political history of the city with a splash nature thrown in. Guided by 22–year Barcelona resident Nick Lloyd, journalist and owner of iberianature.com.
Civil war tour Together with the Centre d’Estudis de Montjuic two guided routes in English of the Spanish Civil War in Barcelona, covering themes such as Anarchism, George Orwell, the realities of daily life, bombing. This is a different way at looking at the city.
Raval tour For my money the most interesting district in Barcelona today. A vibrant cacophony overlaying a long and turbulent history.
Barcelona food tour A culinary journey through Spanish, Catalan and Barcelonan food history and culture. Social history at its tastiest.
Montjuic: the history of the city through a walk in the park. Fantastic views, ending in working class neighbourhood of Poble Sec.
Note: I am registered for tax purposes with the IAE as a tour guide.
History of Barcelona
- Barcelona’s air defences during the Civil War
- Camp de la Bota – Barcelona’s death camp
- First bombing during the Civil War
- Fossar de la Pedrera – Montjuïc’s common grave
- La Modelo Prison
- Plaça del Milicià Desconegut
- PSUC headquarters in Plaça Catalunya
- Somorrostro shanty town
- The La Canadiense Strike
- The Lenin Barracks – George Orwell in Barcelona
- The Liceu bomb
- The People’s Olympics in Barcelona
- 1936 revolution in Barcelona
- Barcelona in the Civil War
- Buenaventura Durruti
- Ethel MacDonald in Barcelona
- Francesc Boix
- George Orwell tours in Barcelona
- History of anarchism in Barcelona
- Homage to Catalonia quiz
- Ramon Mercader, Trotsky’s assassin
- Salvador Segui – El Noi de la Sucre
- Spanish Civil War quiz
- Trotsky in Barcelona: Like Nice in a hell of factories
- Videos about the Spanish Civil War