Hiking, Biking & Climbing in Barcelona
- Lucy’s blog. Essential guide to Collserola in English.
- Guided walking tours around Barcelona
- El Garraf
Around the web
- Hiking, Biking & Climbing in Barcelona. Good starting point for trips: Information on the nature reserves of the Catalonia provinces and on hiking and mountaineering, mountain biking and other outdoor activities in the area.
- Barcelona Hiking and Outdoors Group. Interesting trilingual idea to bring like minded people (English, Catalan and Spanish) together under the umbrella of a social networking site. Quote “It’s the venue that connects us, the group, with you, the hiker. This way we have a great way to find hikes, find people to join our own hikes, and have fun. Some people in our group are members of some catalan hiking associations, FEDME (spanish hiking federation), FEEC (catalan hiking federation) and former members of DAV (Deutsche Alpen Verein – German Alpine Association).”
- Centre Excursionista de Catalunya Article in English on one of the oldest and most venerable of Catalonia’s hiking clubs “As the ‘excursionisme’ movement emerged, the Science Association evolved into Spain’s first hiking centre, Centre Excursionista de Catalunya. First and foremost, the centre’s priority was to defend the Catalan culture and language, and some of Catalunya’s most prominent historical figures had a part to play. Architecture, integral to Catalunya’s cultural history saw Antoni Gaudí and Josep Puig i Cadafalch as members of the CEC, while before cartography had been fully developed, Santiago Rusiñol sketched maps of the Pyrenees. Later in around 1880, the centre created the first catalogue of Catalunya’s maps.”
- Centre Excursionista de Catalunya www.cec-centre.org
Nature sites near Barcelona
Climbing in Barcelona
- Climbing walls in Barcelona – indoor climbing
- Rock climbing and bouldering around Barcelona and Catalunya
- Rock climbing in Montserrat, Catalonia Montserrat with its conglomerate mountain rock could almost be from another planet.
- Climbing and bouldering in Barcelona
Practical information about Barcelona