Wildlife of Belarus
Links to Belarus natural history pages
Belarus natural history and wildlife Belarus’ unique natural environment is host to a fascinating selection of rare plant and animal species, plus several National Parks and a range of significant conservation projects
Belarus nature For many foreigners Belarus is an unknown land. And yet there is no need to go to the arctic shores or to Siberia in order to see thousands of birds, deer, or wild boars. You can see them all here, in Belarus.
Belarus nature sites
- Belarusian Lowlands. Paliessie
- Biarezinsky Biosphere Reserve
- Bialowieza Primaeval Forest is an ancient woodland straddling the border between Belarus and Poland, located 70 km (43 mi) north of Brest. It is one of the last and largest remaining parts of the immense primeval forest which once spread across the European Plain. More here
- Belarusian Uplands
- Belavezha – National Forest Reserve – a relict European primeval forest, home of the European Bison.
- Prypiac’ Reserve shared with Ukraine – the last great marshes of Europe